Intro to Youtube

I watched "An anthropological introduction to YouTube" created by Micheal Wesch. He talks about how YouTube started and what it was like when it started. Well YouTube was made in 2005, and some of the content that was posted on there were vlogs. Micheal is a professor is a professor of culture anthropology, so he had his students participate in the YouTube community. There many of people found that it is a great place to have personal connections with people, without having the responsibilities that come with those connection. I thought that was interesting because I do feel like the people that I regularly watch on YouTube, I feel a connection too. Its also a great way for people to find themselves, or yet to create a new version of themselves. When you talk to a camera, its kind of like just talking to yourself, therefore the youtuber usually self reflects. I do think YouTube is a great platform as it helps us to connect with people, and also learn from others as well. There are some negatives that come from it such as hate comments or not knowing if something is valid. Those kinds of negatives are somethings that is out weighed by the positives though. I did like what the video was ended with, and that was a saying by a youtuber named "bnessel1973", "Some people say that we should make our videos in hopes to change the world, but I've made my to help me live in it." He makes the point that YouTube does not need to be serious, but it can be fun and expressive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Lesson

The Last DJ

Amazon Brand Guidelines